- For those of you who've been commenting on my rants the past couple of days, and saying nice, affirming things ... thank you. (I didn't want to clutter up the blog with lots of individual thank-you responses.)
- And things appear to be moving in the right direction. I think that good is going to come out of this.
- For all of you who have been going to see The Dark Knight over the last eight weeks so that it would stay in the theater long enough for us to see it ... thank you. We finally got to see it last night.
- To which I say ... wow. Incredibly well done piece of work. I didn't think you could put that deep of a storyline into 2.5 hours. It's an amazing movie.
- The most amazing thing, for me, was obviously the characterization of the Joker. Big kudos to the screenwriters here for creating a character that was ... how in the world do you describe it? Mad, yes ... but intelligently mad. A true worthy opponent for the Batman.
- It's sad, of course, that Heath Ledger is no longer with us. After this movie, though, I can't another Christian Bale movie with the Joker in it ... even if Ledger were alive to perform the role, I can't see any plot that could've topped this one. Bravo, folks.
- I also discovered, much to my chagrin, that I'm getting old. I bought a large soda at the theater and had to leave twice during the movie in order to ... um, make more room. Sigh.
- Falling more and more behind in work. Augh!
- Are you ready for some football? NFL begins this weekend ... yay! (Of course, I have to watch the Lions ... but hope springs eternal ...)
- Also seen at the theater ... a commercial with a white-guy rapping which is absolutely un-freaking-believably funny. I wish I could find a link online for it ...
- Gotta get back to it ...
Dear colleagues, This week, I had three different students visit my office hours (or "student hours", as the trendy schools are calling them these…
In sixth grade, I was a student in Mrs. Fitzpatrick's class at Harrison Elementary School in Inkster, MI. One day, substantially into the year, we…
(Warning, long, self-indulgent, emo post. Read on at your own risk.) Several years ago, as my patient family will attest, I fell into a YouTube…