- An evening of pumpkin carving with my wife & kids. Including the hug from the young one at the end.
- (The kid, not the pumpkin.)
- Discovering that I have some minimalist pumpkin carving skills, after all.
- The glorious taste of BLTs made with garden-fresh tomatoes.
- Slow but steady (and visual) progress being made in cleaning up various disaster projects around the house.
- Working alongside a pastor who knows how to speak the truth in love, and does so.
- Playing on a worship band ... and being so comfortable with the band that I can focus on worshiping while playing, instead of focusing on playing.
- Remembering how to start a cranky standard transmission by pumping the clutch ... which happened on the way to church this morning. (How in the world did I remember that?
- My parents, who are incredibly helpful and supportive grandparents. We couldn't do half of what we do without their help.
- A wife who is ... a help-mate, in every sense of the word. My life is so much richer because of her.
Dear colleagues, This week, I had three different students visit my office hours (or "student hours", as the trendy schools are calling them these…
In sixth grade, I was a student in Mrs. Fitzpatrick's class at Harrison Elementary School in Inkster, MI. One day, substantially into the year, we…
(Warning, long, self-indulgent, emo post. Read on at your own risk.) Several years ago, as my patient family will attest, I fell into a YouTube…