- Honestly, I try to get my taxes done early every year. I get jealous hearing about people who have their refunds back already. And then this week, I get the "corrected" copy of one of my 1099 forms, which apparently they are allowed to send me as late as March 15th. I should just give up and concede the fact that it's impossible for me to submit my taxes early. That'd be a whole lot less guilt.
- Of course, guilt is easy for me to come by.
- Thrill of the week: I did some reviewing work for someone, and got a reply back saying "Thanks ... that's exactly the feedback we needed."
- I may have made some progress in the last couple of weeks on my retention study ... had the flash of insight. Now, I need to see if the bulk of the data backs my intuition ... and see if I can generate a statistic which backs it all up. Because, of course, in my business, nothing is authoritative unless there's a number attached to it.
- Went square dancing last night with Jane. Gosh, that was fun. We've been in a square dance practice class for about a year ... but going to an honest-to-goodness square dance, with a caller calling tips at almost full speed, put everything in perspective.
- And there's a peculiar culture common to square dancers ... it's interesting, observing it from a cross-cultural perspective. Very friendly and warm.
- Ok, enough avoiding work ...
In sixth grade, I was a student in Mrs. Fitzpatrick's class at Harrison Elementary School in Inkster, MI. One day, substantially into the year, we…
(Warning, long, self-indulgent, emo post. Read on at your own risk.) Several years ago, as my patient family will attest, I fell into a YouTube…
Today, I've been noticing a number of posts on my social media feeds from my friends who are observing Yom Kippur. Many of them posted versions of…