1. What color is your toothbrush?
Grey with white accents, I think.
2. Name one person who made you smile today:
My boss's boss. He sent me an encouraging note.
3. What were you doing at 8 am this morning:
Driving over to Panera to get a loaf of bread. (Tomato basil.)
4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago?
Watching two toddlers in the nursery at church.
5. What is your favorite candy bar?
I'm boring, and I'm overweight ... so I don't really have one. If I had to pick, probably a plain Hershey's chocolate bar.
6. Have you ever been to a strip club?
7. What is the last thing you said aloud?
"Get ready for bed."
8. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
I tend to default into mint chip.
9. What was the last thing you had to drink?
Water, with a hint of ice tea. (Basically, the leftover ice tea glass I was drinking from at dinner, except that all the ice melted.)
10. Do you like your wallet?
My wallet and I have an uneasy relationship. The first wallet I ever got was an incredible design, and I never could find that design again when it fell apart. I finally found a guy at one of those leather emporiums at an outlet mall who said "oh, yeah, I remember that one ... the company who had the patent on it went out of business." So, I've got a different one, which is ... ok.
11. What was the last thing you ate?
Salmon cake sandwiches with rice.
12. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
13. The last sporting event you watched?
I caught a little of some of the NCAA men's games over the weekend.
14. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn?
Popcorn has flavors?
15. Who is the last person you sent a text message to?
The leader of the church band.
16. Ever go camping?
Outside camping? A couple of times.
17. Do you take vitamins daily?
18. Do you go to church every Sunday?
Yep. Might miss a couple of weeks each year, but that's about it.
19. Do you have a tan?
A tan what? :)
20. Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza?
Yes. Especially since right now, if I ever see pizza, it's a plain pepperoni pizza, because the little kids in my house don't know that other kinds of pizza exist. What I would give for a nice slice of ham & pineapple ... or better still, anchovies and fresh tomato slices ...
21. Do you drink your soda with a straw?
22. What did your last text message say?
23. What are you doing tomorrow?
Working from home on any number of projects. Taxes, book reviewing, research ... we'll see where the wind leads.
24. What sounds are you listening to now?
25. Look to your left, what do you see?
26. What color is your watch?
27. What do you think of when you hear Australia?
The Sydney Olympics.
28. What is your birthstone?
Um ... [grabs Google] ... Sapphire.
29 Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
Depends. If I'm familiar with the place, and it's just me, I'll hit the drive thru. Multiple passengers, or a place I'm not familiar with, I'll park and head inside. (I hate the pressure of having it be my turn in line and not knowing what I want ... especially when you can't see the menu until you pull up to the microphone.)
30. What is your favorite number?
Don't know that I have one, really.
31. Who's the last person you talked to on the phone?
The room scheduling coordinator at work.
32. Any plans today?
Well ... some wishes for later on tonight ...
33. How many states have you lived in?
Depends on your definitions. I lived for a summer in Texas, and a summer in Minnesota. But all the other permanent addresses I had were in Michigan.
34. Biggest annoyance right now?
A particular person.
35. Last song listened to?
My goodness ... I have no idea.
36. Can you say the alphabet backwards?
I can do better than that --- I can sing it backwards.
37. Do you have a maid service clean your house?
Yep. Lost that battle years ago.
38. Favorite pair of shoes you like to wear all the time?
Not really applicable. I'll wear whatever.
39. Are you jealous of anyone?
Sometimes. I occasionally wonder about the road less traveled.
40. Is anyone jealous of you?
41. Do you love anyone?
42. Do any of your friends have children?
Yes. Stage of life.
43. What do you usually do during the day?
React to whatever comes my way ... that's life on sabbatical.
44. Do you hate anyone that you know right now?
Outright hate? No. But there are some people who are very annoying.
45. Do you use the word 'hello' daily?
46. What color is your car?
47. Do you like cats?
Eh. Take 'em or leave 'em.
48. Are you thinking about someone right now?
Now that you suggested it ...
49. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Probably, though not in my recent memory.
50. How did you get your worst scar?
You know, I don't really have a worst scar ...