Yoinked from Facebook (from a friend's posting in, like April ...)
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
The bill for the maid service. I've never been immensely comfortable with it. Don't get me wrong ... they do a fantastic job. I always feel like it's an admission of defeat ... that I can't manage to keep my own house clean. (Plus, it seems extravagant.)
2. Do you miss being a child?
Not really. Adult life has many more great privileges. Also, childhood wasn't fantastic for me ... no real "best friends" in my life as a kid.
3. Chore you hate the most?
De-cluttering the house in preparation for the maid service. (I have to clean house before the people whose job it is to clean my house come over to clean my house? Ow, my head hurts ...)
4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Well, there was the spur-of-the-moment dinner at French Laundry a week ago ... before that, probably the hotel in Antalya.
5. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
Just one? Hard to say. I know a couple of years ago, I yelled at a young person at a church event with more vim and vigor than the offense really deserved ... and the family never came back to our church. I'd never done that before ... and I regret it.
6. Name of your first grade teacher?
Mrs. Dreslinski. My mom still keeps in touch with her.
7. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Not sure. Probably trying to annihilate the paperwork on my desk at home.
8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
9. How many colleges did you attend?
Just one. Three degrees worth, but just one.
10. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
Well, I'm at my in-laws, and I tried to pick a few generic polo shirts.
11. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
Meh. They go up, they go down, and I have to fill my tank either way.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
No alarm this morning.
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
There are few things better in life than snuggling with your spouse.
14. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
If it's a dead person, I'd say Martin Luther King Jr.. I've been fascinated by his life ever since reading a biography of his, along with his own account of the Montgomery bus strike (Strive Toward Freedom). Live ... not really sure. Maybe Fred Brooks, or Don Knuth.
15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
16. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?
Of course. God created us to do work. Whether we get paid or not is another story entirely.
17. Get up early or sleep in?
Sleep in ... at least as much as my stuoooopid body clock will allow me to sleep in.
18. What is your favorite cartoon character?
Had a grand affection for Bugs Bunny as a kid, as well as Charlie Brown. But I've developed a sneaking admiration for Wile E. Coyote in recent years.
20. When did you first start feeling old?
Probably since I started teaching at Kettering ... when you make a cultural reference, and nobody gets it because they're all too young ...
21. Favorite lunch meat?
Turkey, I guess.
22. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
I don't go into Wal-Mart often enough for this question to have a meaning. Mainly, I'm going to get whatever I couldn't find at Target.
23. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Absolutely not! Frankly, we need a little more emphasis on this outdated ritual.
24. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?
Doesn't exist ... I don't have any shame in such matters ...
25. What's your favorite drink?
Sweetened ice tea.
26. Who[m] from high school would you like to run in to?
Kristin [Gudan] Hoy. Or Amy Perugi.
27. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
Static ... just had the alternator replaced, so all the pre-programmed stations got blanked ...
28. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
Phfffbbbt. Haven't watched either.
29. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
The only fight I ever had with my wife, during our dating days, happened because I wasn't acknowledging her frustration with something or other and was acting dismissive of it. I learned my lesson then.
30. Do you like the person who sits directly across from you at work?
Nobody ... office by myself.
31. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purposes?
32. Last book you finished reading?
Oy. Um. Yeah. Probably To Forgive Is Human.
33. Do you have a teddy bear?
Sort-of. I have a large stuffed bear given to me by a dear friend in college upon the death of my sister.
34. Do you go to church?
35. How old are you?