1. What curse word do you use the most?
Frak. Which isn't a real word, unless you're a Battlestar Galactica fan. But it works for me. Of course, that's because my mother's favorite curse word was "rassen-fritz", which as far as I know isn't a real word either ...
2. Do you own an iPod?
Nope. I use a Palm TX to listen to podcasts. I really enjoy my Palm TX ... which means, of course, that I'm going to be royally screwed when it dies for good, because Palm doesn't make standalone PDAs anymore.
3. What person on your f-list do you talk to the most?
Nobody, really. See, I'm an old fart, and it was them darn kids that got me into this blogging thing in the first place ... but most of them have all graduated and moved on, so ... this tends to be a wholly virtual space for me.
4. What time is your alarm clock set to?
5. Do you still remember the first person you kissed?
Yes. I've only ever kissed one woman ... and we're still married.
6. Do you remember where you were on 9/11?
Yes. And since she'll chime in soon, I'll note for the record ... I was "teaching" (ok, reading email) in a Kettering University computer lab, where wildirishrose80 was also working (but not for my class).
7. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
No big deal either way. (I should go through some pictures of myself and upload them to Facebook or something ...)
8. What was the last movie you watched?
Well ... I'm watching Casino Royale (the new one) right now on SyFy ... does that count?
Before that? Um. Last Monday my wife & I went and saw Robin Hood (the new one). It's ... interesting.
9. Do any of your friends have children?
Many do, yes.
10. Has anyone ever called you lazy?
Not to my recollection.
11. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep?
No. There are occasional sleepless nights, but they're pretty rare.
12. What CD is currently in your CD player?
Not sure ... frankly, I'm not sure what to call my CD player ...
13. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
Regular, probably. Chocolate milk tends to be too sweet ... and I've cut back enough on sweets of late that overly sweet tends to be unappealing.
14. Has anyone told you a secret this week?
Hm. Not that I can think of.
15. When was the last time you had Starbucks?
Hm. It's probably been a few months ... and that would've been a fruit smoothie. I don't drink coffee.
16. Can you whistle?
Yes. Oddly enough, I didn't learn until about 10 years ago, after I was married. (My wife is a saint ... listening to me trying to figure out how to whistle ...)
17. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Um ... not sure, really. Of course, I'm not really supposed to be looking, right?
18. What are you looking forward to?
The AP Computer Science reading, starting next week.
19. Did you watch cartoons as a child?
Oh, my, yes. Afternoons with Bugs Bunny & Daffy Duck, and then all morning on Saturdays ... with a well-planned, organized schedule to know which channels to watch at which times --- usually, ending with the Superfriends.
20. Do you own any band t-shirts?
21. What will you be doing in one hour?
Well, I should be working on writing a Bible study and/or homily. I'll probably be surfing and watching Casino Royale, even though I've seen it a bunch of times.
22. Is anyone in love with you?
Yes. And I'm immensely grateful.
23. What was the last song you heard?
Probably the theme song for Casino Royale ... which is ... (checks Google ...) "You Know My Name", by Chris Cornell.
24. Last time you cried?
Hm. Honestly can't remember.
25. Are you on a desktop computer or a laptop?
26. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos?
No, thanks. Not remotely interested.
27. What’s the weather like?
Well, it's Hot-lanta out there ... warm and sticky. But the sun is heading down, so it's getting more tolerable.
28. Would you ever date a girl/guy covered in tattoos?
Exceedingly unlikely. Mainly because most folks who are covered in tattoos choose art which isn't appealing to me in general.
29. What did you do before this?
Had dinner at a nice little English pub in Norcross. (I came this close to ordering bangers & mash, but ... wimped out at the end.)
30. When is the last time you slept on the floor?
I'm not sure I've ever done so.
31. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
I'm not really sure anymore. It used to be that I absolutely needed 7-8. I'm lucky to get 6 these days, though I am sneaking in catnaps.
32. Do you eat breakfast daily?
33. Are your days fast-paced?
Normally ... at least, if I'm not on off-term and therefore have little hanging over my head ...
34. What did you do last night?
Played Ticket To Ride with my wife & daughter. Surfed the net. Not a whole lot of anything.
35. Do you use sarcasm?
36. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
37. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
Very much so.
38. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Probably ... but as a kid. Not any time recently that I can recall.
39. Do you get along better with the same sex or the opposite sex?
Both work pretty well.
40. Do you like mustard?
You know, I never liked it as a kid, but I discovered it in adulthood and ... dang it, it's pretty good stuff.
41. Do you sleep on your side?
Yes. If I sleep on my back, I snore. (Or so I am told.)
42. Do you watch the news?
Used to ... not much anymore. Got tired of listening to ranting about stuff out of my control. (Hard being a red voter in a blue state.)
43. How did you get one of your scars?
Not really sure I can find a visible scar right now ... other than acne, maybe.
44. Who was the last person to make you mad?
Not going to say his name. Or his name, either.
45. Do you like anybody?
46. What is the last thing you purchased?
Other than dinner? Hm.
47. What side of the heart do you draw first?
The left, I guess. I don't draw hearts that often.
48. Can you dive without plugging your nose?
49. What color is your razor?
50. What is your blood-type?
A+. Terribly ordinary and common.
51. Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours?
if I had to pick someone, I suppose it would be my wife. But I'm not exactly looking for that experience ...
52. What is a rumor someone has spread about you?
Someone is spreading rumors about things that I said in a private meeting. I haven't heard the rumor directly, so I don't know the details of the rumor. (And even if I did ... I'm bound not to talk about what happened in that meeting, even if others are. Grr.)
53. How do you feel about carrots?
A reasonable vegetable.
54. How many chairs at the dining room table?
Um ... four right now, I think?
55. Which is the best Spice Girl?
Are they even still playing?
56. Do you know what time it is?
I can probably figure it out ...
57. Do you know all the words to the Fresh Prince theme song?
58. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator?
Sit down, lean back, close my eyes, and enjoy having nothing to do for a few moments ...
59. What's your favorite kind of gum?
60. T or F: All's fair in love and war.
False. The ends don't justify the means.
61. Do you have a crush on anyone?
Not really ... I mean, I love my wife deeply, but I wouldn't call that a crush ...
62. Do you know how to use some words correctly, but not know the meaning?
Depends on the meaning of the word "meaning". I may not know the full etymology of every word I use ...
63. Do you like to sleep?
Eh. I like not being tired.
64. Do you know which US states don’t use Daylight Savings Time?
Well, until you said the word "states" ... I thought we were down to one, now, but obviously I must be wrong ...
65. Do you know the song Total Eclipse of the Heart?
I know of the song ... but I can't sing it ...
66. Do you want a bright yellow ‘06 Mustang?
Not sure that I do. Doesn't really fit my personality or my needs.
67. What’s something you’ve always wanted?
Always? Not sure. But I have dreams of being a theater star ...
68. Do you have hairy LEGS?
69. Would you rather swim in the ocean or a lake?
Probably a lake. Less salt, less waves.
70. Do you wear a lot of black?
71. Describe your hair:
Receding fast ...
72. Do you have Entomophobia?
73. Are you an adult?
Yeah, pretty much.
74. Where is/are your best friend(s)?
My wife's back home.
75. Do you have a tan?
Not much ... just whatever farmer's tan I've picked up lately.
76. Are you a television addict?
Not as much as I used to be ... though I do seem to turn on a TV in any room I enter ...
77. Do you enjoy spending time with your mother?
78. Are you a sugar freak?
Not really. Comes from trying (sort-of) to lose some weight.
79. Do you like orange juice?
Very much so. But it's so expensive, I don't drink it much anymore.
80. What sign are you?
Virgo, if I recall correctly. Not that I pay much attention to that stuff.