- A thousand things to do at work, a thousand things to do at home, and no time or energy to do any of them. Yes, it's the December stress attack, right on schedule. I wish I could find a way to get more sleep.
- Why is it that the "hour" I have here at the library to get stuff done while Clara's at dance ends up only turning into twenty minutes of actual useful time? (And why am I wasting the time blogging?)
- Actually, I know why I'm wasting time blogging. With too much to do, I tend to go splat and do less than nothing. There's a point at which the stress becomes counterproductive. Sigh.
- Who put the bop in the bop-she-bop-she-bop? (See, I told you it was random thoughts ...)
- The most striking thing about the public reaction to Bo Schembechler's death, for me, has been the storytelling. Almost universally, no-one is talking about his brilliance as a football strategist. Everyone is talking about the impact he had on people, personally. I never had the chance to meet Bo, though I was a student during the last years of his coaching. But I hope I have half of that kind of impact on people by the time God calls me onward. Godspeed, Bo.
- One Night With The King was a solid movie. Not great or spectacular, mind you, but a solid piece of work. Hope y'all get a chance to catch it in the second-run theaters or on cable. There's a lot worse stuff out there.
- This item intentionally left blank.
In sixth grade, I was a student in Mrs. Fitzpatrick's class at Harrison Elementary School in Inkster, MI. One day, substantially into the year, we…
(Warning, long, self-indulgent, emo post. Read on at your own risk.) Several years ago, as my patient family will attest, I fell into a YouTube…
Today, I've been noticing a number of posts on my social media feeds from my friends who are observing Yom Kippur. Many of them posted versions of…