A friend calling to invite me out to do something ... anything, really.
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
Usually. If I've got two young kids in tow, and they're being particularly toddler-ish, then no. But otherwise, I try to be a nice guy.
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
Listener. I'm actually somewhat of an introvert, even though I hide it well.
4. Do you take compliments well?
I think I do. I've learned.
5. Do you play Sudoku?
Yes, yes, yes.
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
Probably not. Watching Survivorman really isn't much prep for that situation, y'know ...
7. Do you like nipple rings?
8. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
Every year, to church camp, faithfully. A great experience.
9. What was your favorite game as a kid?
I had so many, it's hard to pick just one. We had a ton of board games at home.
10. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
11. Do you like to pursue or be pursued?
Be pursued, actually. Goes back to the introvert thing.
12. Any songs make you cry?
I'll admit I'm a sucker for Butterfly Kisses.
13. Are you continuing your education?
Well ... they won't let me get any more degrees, but I'm always learning new stuff. That's one of the great parts of this job.
14. Do you know how to shoot a gun?
Actually, I do. Last year, a friend took me out to shoot skeet for the first time. It was a lot of fun.
15. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed?
Probably the computer.
16. How often do you read books?
Hard to say ... for work, all the time. For pleasure: less often.
17. Do you think more about the past, present or future?
The past. I tend to dwell on it more than I should.
18. Favorite children's book?
Chronicles of Narnia. (Yeah, technically that's seven books, but ...)
19. What color are your eyes?
20. How tall are you?
21. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?
22. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?
Probably a year ago ... Jane & I stopped there after a day of birdwatching on our anniversary.
23. Where was the furthest place you traveled today?
So far: church. But in 30 minutes we're heading to a friend's house that's further than that ...
24. Do you like mustard?
25. Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
The lack of both makes me cranky ... but probably sleep more than eat.
26. Do you look like your mom or dad?
Probably my dad ... the receding hairline has something to do with that (sigh ...).
27. How long does it take you in the shower?
Who times such things? I'm guessing 10-15 minutes.
28. Can you do splits?
29. What movie do you want to see right now?
Bruce Almighty. I think there are probably some really interesting theological questions raised by that movie ... if I can ever get around to seeing it to find out.
30. What did you do for New Year's?
Honestly, I can't remember right now. Probably hung around the house.
31. Do you think The Grudge was scary?
Didn't see it.
32. Do you own a camera phone?
33. Was your mom a cheerleader?
34. What's the last letter of your middle name?
35. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
Probably 6-7. I need 8, but I don't get it anymore.
36. Do you like care bears?
Not really, no.
37. What do you buy at the movies?
Popcorn. That's usually about it.
38. Do you know how to play poker?
I know the rules ... but that hardly means I understand the game. Of course, I can calculate the probabilities of the hands with uncanny accuracy ...
39.Do you wear your seatbelt?
Always. I have no desire to become one of my wife's experimental subjects ...
40. What do you wear to sleep?
41. Is your tongue pierced?
No. (Ouch. What is it with the painful questions?)
42. Do you like Liver and Onions?
Been there, tried that, not interested.
43. Are you in love?
44. Do you like funny or serious people better?
Boy, that's hard. Probably funny, as long as the funny doesn't move into farcical.
45. Ever been to L.A.?
I think I have, but only as a young child.
46. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads?
I don't download music, so ...
47. What do you and your parents fight about the most?
Don't fight much ... that's what happens when you're 38. :)
48. Are you a gullible person?
Not really. Too much time fighting urban legends to be that gullible anymore ...
49. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy?
Need? No. But it's immensely helpful.
50. If you could have any job (assuming you have the skills) what would it be?
Other than my current one? I think it'd be fun to be in the theater.
51. Are you easy to get along with?
I hope so. I think I'm pretty easy that way.
52. What is your favorite time of day?
I used to be a morning person, before I started losing sleep. As such, I'm not sure anymore.