- Eating a grilled chicken sandwich, while the kids enjoy chicken nuggets, and I swipe a few of their fries.
- Shooting 39 at mini-golf. (5 bogeys, 2 aces.) While my son thoroughly enjoys himself by walking down the course, putting his ball next to the hole, taking 5-6 strokes to get it in the hole, then triumphantly shouts "I win!" ... on each and every hole.
- Admiring the number of young, obviously dating, couples enjoying the golf course. And remembering how much I love my wife as we compete and chat and walk together.
- A chocolate mint shake with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups mixed in.
- And all of this on a clear September evening, with the outside temperature hovering right at 70.
I'm going to savor that memory for a long time.