Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
Post them here for everyone to guess.
Italicize when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie. (Striking out makes it hard for people to read.)
Looking them up is cheating, please don't cheat.
Ok, I don't know if these are my most favorite movies ... of course, the instructions don't say that they have to be, so ...
(It's amazing ... most of my my favorite bits in movies are not sound bites, but entire exchanges. This was surprisingly hard to find...)
1. "I wish none of this had happened."
"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
2. The new Oldsmobiles are in early this year!
The Blues Brothers (guessed by wildirishrose80)
3. I'm not sure what four nines does, but the ace, I think, is pretty high.
Ocean's Eleven (guessed by wildirishrose80)
4. You know what we ended up with? A half a million dollar silk shirt.
5. "You want me to tell [him] that he's under arrest for murder? What're you gonna do after he kills me?"
"Then I'll arrest him for both murders."
6. When your opponent's sittin' there holding all aces, there's only one thing left to do: Kick over the table.
7. I would like to have seen Montana.
The Hunt For Red October (guessed by darthdingus)
8. In my humble opinion, in the nuclear world, the true enemy is war itself.
9. There are times when a corps commander's life does not count.
10. I'm going to sleep this off. Please let me know if there's some other way we can screw up tonight.