- My new (work-purchased) laptop, which is very fast and shiny.
- Our new (personally-purchased) home laptop, which is also very fast and shiny.
- Discovering that both laptops were coincidentally purchased from the same manufacturer, and have the same power interface, so I can just plug my work laptop into one of the power adapters we have at home.
- My wife, who dragged me rather unwillingly into taking a square dancing course this winter ... and ended up showing me how much fun square dancing can be. (It's so algorithmic ... I'm going to have to investigate if I can make some animations of the various figures.)
- My bathroom scale, which shows that I have lost twenty pounds since last June.
- Armor Picross, an incredibly addicting and satisfying game.
- Having all of my annual financial purge work done and pushed into the basement, much earlier than in previous years. (Not as early as I'd like to have it done, but I'll take what I can get.)
- Good friends, on-line and off-line.
In sixth grade, I was a student in Mrs. Fitzpatrick's class at Harrison Elementary School in Inkster, MI. One day, substantially into the year, we…
(Warning, long, self-indulgent, emo post. Read on at your own risk.) Several years ago, as my patient family will attest, I fell into a YouTube…
Today, I've been noticing a number of posts on my social media feeds from my friends who are observing Yom Kippur. Many of them posted versions of…