Anyways, I'll generate some random life updates ...
- Just got back from seeing Prince Caspian. It works rather well as a movie. As with any book adaptation, it doesn't hold slavishly to the book. But the changes made, and the additions made, all work very well with the overall themes of the book. It's quite well done. (And for those familiar with the book ... there are some really nice little bits that they kept in the movie, if you look for them ...)
- I successfully ran a conference! Well, ok, sort-of. Kettering hosted six high-school CS teachers for a day of talks and seminars and such about teaching CS. Lots of people contributed talks and handouts and helped out with logistics and stuff. But I was the one in charge ... and everything seemed to go pretty-much without a hitch. Not bad for a first-time event.
- Looking forward to a quick trip to DC next week ... it looks like my obligatory recreational event this year will be a trip to the Air & Space Museum annex at Dulles Airport. That should be a nice change of pace. (If I can remember to get everything printed before then.)
- It takes fully two months to change banks, I'm figuring out. No wonder I kept putting it off. (And it's this close to being done, but not yet.)
- Last week, my wife and I celebrated 14 years of marriage with three days of birdwatching at Point Pelee, Canada. I saw over 80 species over the three days, which I think is a high for me. And some really nice weather, too. We used to go every year B.K., but have started going again now that Grandma has retired and can watch the kids for a few days.