Please copy mine below, erase my answers putting yours in their place then post it in your journal! Please elaborate on the questions that would benefit from elaboration! One-word answers seldom help anyone out.
1. First Name: Jim. Formally, it's James, but I only use that in formal writing (and check-writing). Named after my father.
2. Age: 39. For real. (Can I put out a plea now to please lay off the "over-the-hill" jokes later this year? On the whole, I'm grateful for the life I've experienced, and am looking forward to what's still ahead. I never really understood the whole focus on age. And I'm really tired of people making jokes at my expense and then telling me it's my fault for not having a sense of humor. Grr. Kthx.)
3. Location: Most of the time, it's Fenton, Michigan, a little bedroom community wedged between Flint and Ann Arbor.
4. Occupation: Associate professor of computer science, Kettering University. (Though in some respects, I really feel more affiliation to the broader discipline of computer science than to any particular employer.)
5. Kids: Two. (Not really sure how much more I should say about them ... Internet safety and all ...)
6. Brothers/Sisters: Ahh, there lies a story. To try and keep it simple ... I grew up with a sister, Cindy, 2.5 years younger than I. My sophomore year of college, she had a massive brain hemorrage due to a malformed artery in her brain and died instantly. So ... I'm not an only child (since we grew up together), but I don't have a sister anymore.
7. Pets: None, really. (I'm not sure that I count the fish that we keep killing in the fish tank.)
8. List the 3-5 biggest things going on in your life:
a. Work. There's always lots of interesting new initiatives at work ... papers I should write, things I should read, committees to serve on, people to talk to, and so on. Right now, we're discussing standards for promotion & tenure.
b. Church. Fenton Church of the Nazarene is a big part of my life.
c. Family. A wife with a Ph.D. and two precocious kids keep life busy.
9. Where and for what did you go to school for?: University of Michigan (Ann Arbor), three times (BS, MS, PhD), all in computer science. Call me a creature of habit, I guess.
10. Parents?: Jim & Mary Ann Huggins, both retired and loving it.
11. Who are some of your closest friends? You know, this question is really hard to answer. I have lots of colleagues, and co-workers, and acquaintances, and admirers ... but if you asked me to pick a close friend, it'd be hard to answer. (But frequent readers of my blog will know that.) This year has been better ... I can see some deeper friendships starting to form ... I hate to name names, because some of them read this, and I wouldn't want to embarrass someone by listing them, or by not listing them. But slowly, perhaps, I start seeing some depth in relationships coming forward ...